Self-supporting optical cable: Benefits and applications
Self-supporting FOCL cable is a technological achievement in the world of network communications. It provides reliable data transmission where other types of wires are not always suitable. Optical cable for outdoor installation, equipped with an integral bearing element designed for installation on poles of overhead communication lines, urban electric vehicles and overhead power lines and is designed to withstand loads caused by wind, ice, or a combination of both.
Choosing an optical cable with a cable: What is important to know?
When it comes to purchasing fiber optic cable, the number of fibers plays an important role. This is a key technical aspect that directly affects network performance, cost, and scalability.
Let's consider several options:
Optical cable self-supporting 4 fibers:
- For small networks: Ideal for small office networks where reliable communication with limited data flows is required.
- Speed: up to 1 Gbps.
Optical cable self-supporting 8 fibers:
- All-in-one solution: Suitable for medium-sized enterprises and offices, providing reliability and reasonable speed.
- Speed: up to 10 Gbps.
Optical cable self-supporting 16 fibers:
- For large projects: Optimal for large enterprises and data centers where high throughput is required.
- Speed: up to 40 Gbps.
Overhead optical cable 144 fibers:
- High Bandwidth Requirements: Used in huge telecom networks and data centers for maximum performance.
- Speed: up to 400 Gbps and above.
But there are other technical and operational differences between network cables with different numbers of fiber modules:
- Size and weight: The more optical filaments, the larger the diameter and weight. This must be taken into account during installation and installation.
- Costs: Fiber over the air with more fibers is usually more expensive to purchase and install. This can be a factor in project budgeting.
- Fault protection: Wires with more than 12 optical strands can use "splitter" technology, which allows one fiber to be split into multiple signals. This provides additional reliability, since if some of the threads fail, the rest can continue to work.
Thus, when buying, it is better to consider all the listed factors related to the specific needs of your project, budget and operating conditions.
Ipcom Aerial Optical Cable: Confidence in the Reliability and Performance of Your Infrastructure
We are a leading supplier and manufacturer of telecommunications, crossover equipment and network cables. Our highly qualified specialists are always ready to help you with the choice, ensuring the best fit for your needs. And our prices will definitely pleasantly surprise you.
Trust us, and your network infrastructure will become reliable and uninterrupted!